Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A grape night!

Yesterday's beastly date -- 6/6/6 -- didn't bother me none.

It was Rich's and my "semianniversary" (or, if you will, "six-month-a-versary"). Yep. It was Dec. 6 of last year when Rich walked his handsome Teutonic-ness into Sumo and we spent two-and-a-half hours enjoying exquisite sushi and discovering that we had practically everything in common.

Last night, we spent the same amount of time in leisurely goodness at The Grape. There are two locations in Birmingham -- The Summit and Five Points South -- and if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Rich, being the wine conoisseur that he is, steered us through four courses and a sampling of about seven different wines right into gastronomic Paradise. Course #3 was cheese. The aged Gouda was to die for. Course #4 was chocolate fondue with a Vignonier (sp?). Whiffs of apricot and honey. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, the GGB came down with another @#$% migraine on the 45-minute drive home. (Dadgum 280 traffic.) I laid on the couch while my sweetie un-decorated my Christmas tree. (I know. For shame. It's June and the damn tree is still up.) But that, my friends, is Real Love. Putting up with a migraine-y female while you unload a crispy evergreen at 11 o'clock at night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The words you're looking for, dearest, are "for better or for worse."

;-)

-Rich

Geek Girl Blonde said...

If that's as worse as we get, we'll be doin' pretty good!!