Veering from the usual politics and religion ...
I'm renting the entire 10-disc series of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century from Netflix. Keep in mind that I was 9 when this series went on the air and probably 11 or 12 the last time I saw an episode. Oh, my, my, my ... the things you pick up a quarter-century later ...
1. A lot of the episode titles sound like porn movie names: "Unchained Woman." "Planet of the Slave Girls." "Planet of the Amazon Women." (I have a feeling that was deliberate.)
2. The show's writers apparently thought music wouldn't develop much in five centuries past disco and Earth, Wind & Fire.
3. Those food discs they eat in the 25th century must contain Cortislim or something. No one except the bad guys have any body fat. Even Dr. Huer looks pretty buff for a dude his age.
4. Gil Gerard's wardrobe is a laugh riot. It's either that white spandex Federation uniform or tunic-and-leggings combos that make him look like a refugee from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Not to mention that in every other scene, he must show his chest hair or be (practically) naked. Not that I'm complaining.
5. Speaking of which, I still think Gil Gerard is hot.