Thursday, August 07, 2008

Report: American TV has too much naughty sex. Nuh uhhhh!!!

The Parents Television Council (PTC) has just released a report that reveals that American TV is big on extramarital sex and light on married sex.

Knock me over with a feather. Never woulda figured that one out on my own.

I kinda scratch my head over outfits like the PTC. I mean, community advocacy, awareness-raising, yada yada yada, good on them. On the other hand, what's the point? If you are too dumb to realize that the vast majority of television programming is inappropriate for kids, I hope you don't have them. And forget asking Hollywood to look like Kansas. Ain't gonna happen, folks.

The interesting thing is that the report admits that most married Americans have happier and more frequent sex than non-marrieds, so perhaps we're not so swayed by the boob tube. Either way, I do not expect the entertainment industry to reflect my values or teach my values. I just reach for the remote.

For what it's worth, here are the top five family-friendly programs in heavy TiVo rotation at GGB Central:

Good Eats
MythBusters
Modern Marvels
Big Daddy's Kitchen
Platinum Weddings

No comments: