Friday, January 25, 2008

Early birthday report

The GGB celebrates her penultimate 30-something birthday today. :) I opened the first two of several gifts from my husband late last night: a huuuuuge bottle of Escada's Moon Sparkle fragrance (yum) and a Bialetti stainless steel coffee pot.

The latter is the next generation of percolator-type coffee pots and includes an unitentionally funny instruction sheet written in an Italian-to-English version of Engrish:

Fill with cold water the little tank without exceeding the hole of the safety valve.


Let me tell you -- this is the little tank that can. A very rich coffee that is good, good, good.

Got a phone call around 9-ish from my parents-in-law. Still waiting for a call from my own parents. They probably don't think I'm awake yet. 0:-p

UPDATE: Mom called at 10:15. :-) I teased her about my in-laws beating her to the punch.

UPDATE II: Rich has named the coffeepot "Perky." (Most gadgets in our home have their own names.)

UPDATE III: Ahhhh! Perky makes six espresso-sized servings of really strong coffee, which I downed in one sitting this morning! Wow. Boing! Zappo!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy b-day, Amy. Sorry we aren't around to take you two out to dinner to celebrate.

Sounds like Rich is paying attention as far as getting appropriate gifts. ;) And why am I not surprised that he named it. :D

(Tell the bum that he owes me a phone call).

Geek Girl Blonde said...

Thanks, Hunter! Will relay message to said bum. :)

Talia said...

HBD, sounds like you are wired on fancy coffee...does that have any correlation with the number of entries you are popping out today?

Geek Girl Blonde said...

Ha! You're probably right, Talia. I should keep that in mind next time I'm grumping about cleaning the kitchen or sumthin'.

Tripp Hudgins said...

Happy Birthday!