Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bits 'n' snips

Hello, GGB readers! It's been a few days since I've posted, so I thought I'd update you all on my goings-on:

95 Days and Counting: The GGB's days as a single girl are numbered. When we were 200 days out, it felt like forever until the wedding. Now, my to-do list is expanding geometrically like a psychotic Mandelbrot set, and it's hard to keep up with my own thoughts. Luckily, my mother is retired and the noble and gallant Rich is not above taking over part of the checklist.

24 Hours of Terrorist-smacking Goodness: We had to see what all the fuss was about, so Rich and I downloaded the first four "hours" of 24 from iTunes and watched them Sunday evening. (What a great deal! Four hours of entertainment for $8, no commercials.) Caught last night's installment as well, and we're both recording the season on our respective media PCs.

I can see why the show is addictive. It's just a damn good show. A few nitpicks, though: The dialogue occasionally lapses into tired stump-speech clichés and sloganeering. And the twist about possible involvement of Jack's brother and father is just a wittle too convenient, IMHO.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

95 days until you make my dreams come true, Princess. :-D

And 24 may be a bit formulaic, it may be overly dramatic and all about never-ending suspense, but it's damn good at what it does, and is managing to make points about terrorism, strength and multiculturism that nobody else is making in the media. Two thumbs up!

-Rich

Cappy said...

Dang, stumbled on this blog too damn late! Geeky girl, enjoys seeing terrorists getting smacked around. Are there more at home like you?

Geek Girl Blonde said...

Welcome, Cappy! We geek girls are rare, indeed, but we do exist. I do have a coupla available friends if you're in the market. :)