Sunday, September 25, 2005

Media Center XP rocks

The GGB has been a total slug this weekend.

Between two hurricanes and a major business initiative at my place of employment, I am just about worn out. Tired of being in emergency mode!

My antidote this weekend has been to play with the Media Center functions on my PC. I don't care what all you Linux snobs say (and you know who you are!!), Media Center XP rocks.

I explored the Online Spotlight feature and downloaded two films via Movielink. Way, way cool. A Streetcar Named Desire and White Noise played flawlessly. I felt utterly cool recording JFK on cable while watching downloaded films. And via the Media Center guide, you can set the system to record TV programs and movies and a future date whenever they are scheduled to be aired.

I love living in the 21st century!!

No comments: