Monday, July 14, 2008

There's an upside to a Fred Phelps stalking

Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist "Church" knuckleheads are at it again.

They picketed Tim Russert's funeral, and now they plan a repeat performance at the late great Tony Snow's funeral.

I'm beginning to think that instead of reviling these people, we ought to thank them. If you get picketed by Fred and Co., besides the unfortunate fact that you are dead, you probably did something right in life to piss him off. You were probably a fallen military hero or -- like Snow -- an honorable public figure. Heck, even Jeffrey Dahmer looks like a dignified saint next to Fred Phelps.

Seriously, as hard as it might be, I think Jill Snow ought to walk right up to Freddie, shake his hand and thank him for all the positive publicity for her dearly departed husband.

I'm only half joking.

Do you think there's a way to piss off Fred Phelps while you're still alive? I mean, wouldn't it be great to get a personal damning-to-hell from Freddo himself? I could sell T-shirts: "Fred Phelps' Proud Whore of Babylon Since 2008."

I mean, I don't think this guy is ever going to relent unless someone turns him into mashed potatoes. (Which I'm surprised hasn't happened yet.) Might as well make a profit and have some fun why he's still making an ass of himself.

No comments: